Friday, November 30, 2012

When I watched the video 2001 Space Odyssey my first thought was its about evolution. But it could just be about monkeys. In the video there appears to me to be no main characters at all. All there is monkeys and no real life human. The device the director uses to change scenes is a beautiful sunset but then goes into a monkey hitting bones. I find it a little disturbing honestly. It’s just not a normal video that I would want to see. The creatures/monkeys had their own way of speaking to each other. It wasn’t a language it was more of them yelling at each other. I feel like they understood each other though because they seemed to have very good communication with one another. The creature in the video appears to me that they have no intelligent whatsoever. They seem like the don’t know what they are doing all they want to do is destruct things and bones. I think there is no logical sequence in this video. I don’t get why creatures are in a cave and then start screaming their heads off then one of then randomly is in the desert breaking bones with another bone. They also acted really strange when a big rectangle thing came and they stared rubbing it and screaming. I think they thought that the aliens where in there to take them back to Mars. It defiantly had a weird effect on them. I know that whatever went wrong with the rectangle thing made them very unhappy, uneasy, and mad. I would like to know what this was because I could always do some research to figure out if monkeys have a weird tolerance to large objects or just feel intimidated. I guess you will have to wait and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment